Here are things we’re helping with this month…
- Watches: we’re always keeping our ears to the ground, watching for new crises, deployments and activities connected to crisis data. Ping @opencrisis if you see anything – or drop a line in our community Skypechat.
- Websites and tools: we’ve finished migrating opencrisis.org from Drupal to WordPress: if you find a messy page or broken link, either fix it or tell us about it.
- Guides: It’s time to tidy up our how-to guides. Either just go in and write something on a topic you think is needed, or edit what’s already there…
“Things you should know about online maps” is one obvious gap
(Include: licences, hacking/security, verification, process, labelling, importing/exporting – not started);
‘Translation sourcing’ is another…
Sara or Brendan can get you started with this.
- Accademics: Joseph Pollack has created Accademics, to get academics in crisismapping talking about funding, courses, conferences and more courses. Ping him to join.
- Drones: it’s time we collected up our notes and experiences with drones. Joseph is lead on this.
- Training: Sara has offered to give an online class on OpenData this month. It’s happening. And we’re working again on our online crisismapping intro course.